Recent blog posts
- Why Attend? PBR Chosen as Best Regatta!
- Check out this video of the Event!
- Billy Black Photos Available!
- Fireworks Video from Lyman-Morse's Opening NIght Dinner!
- Keeping it Local
- Registration Open For Penobscot Bay Rendezvous! Sign up Today!
- Tents, Caterers, Fireworks and Band Booked for PBR!
- US Harbors Gives Thumbs Up to Penobscot Bay Rendezvous
- Letting the Cat Out of the Bag
2013 Powerboat Information and Schedule
2013 PBR Powerboat Information & Schedule
Presented by: Lyman Morse & Wayfarer Marine
August 15-18, 2013
· Powerboaters and sailors share all PBR events, except during the day on the water when the powerboats start earlier, and return sooner.
· The three underway events -- two days of Photo Pursuit (what the heck is a Photo Pursuit? Click Here to find out.) and the Poker Run finale -- have prizes but are NOT races. Speed does not matter, except that a minimum of seven knots will be needed to keep up with the guide boat (though staying with the guide boat is not mandatory).
· Any size powerboat is welcome to join the PBR, but must be equipped as required by safety laws governing Maine waters. The boat and its equipment should also be sufficiently well maintained as to be judged safe to operate. (A current USCG Auxiliary inspection decal is recommended.)
· Power boats must have a functioning marine VHF radio, and flying a PBR flag is encouraged. Channel 73 will be the working VHF channel for the powerboat events, while 72 will be used for the sailboat racing.
· Steve Bunnell will serve as PBR powerboat guide this year. He'll be at all events and on the water.
· While the powerboats may travel together -- which will be particularly useful when watching the racing and during the history cruise -- each skipper is responsible for the safety of his boat and crew and for properly observing the rules of the road.
The $390 registration fee covers the following for two people:
- Boat registration for three days of on the water powerboat events
- Thursday night's Opening Night barbecue and fireworks at Lyman-Morse - open beer and wine bar
- Transportation to and from the dinner from Rockland Harbor
-Friday post-event Crew Party at Wayfarer in Camden.
-Saturday night Surf and Turf dinner dance at Wayfarer Marine - open bar
-Sunday afternoon Awards Ceremony at Wayfarer Marine
Extra guests aboard your boat are $180 each and include all of the above.
Mooring and slip fees are extra please scroll down this page for services.
2013 Schedule of Events - Powerboat Fleet
|Thursday, 15 August 2013 – Lyman-Morse Boatbuilding|
|1630||Buses Depart Rockland Harbor Masters Office|
|1700 - 1730||Registration, Lyman-Morse Thomaston|
|2045||Buses Return Guests to Rockland|
|Friday, 16 August 2013 – Rockland Breakwater|
Fleet departs for Photo Pursuit Day 1
|1130-1200||Flyover by Owls Head Transportation Museum|
1700 - 1900
|Crew Party -Wayfarer Marine|
|Saturday, 17 August 2013 – Wayfarer Marine|
Powerboats depart on Photo Pursuit Day 2
|1800-1900||Cocktails Wayfarer Marine|
|1900 - 2300||Dinner Dance|
|August 2013 - Wayfarer Marine|
|0900||Powerboats depart Camden on Poker Run & History Cruise|
|1545||The Dealing of the Cards|
On-Shore Festivities 15-18 August 2013
Prizes and Awards
Moorings and Launch Service
Wayfarer Marine - 207-236-4378 Channel 71
• $390 per boat (includes events for the weekend for 2 – does not include dockage or mooring fees)
• $180 supplement per extra person includes all events
Alternatively, send your entry form, racing fee, waiver form, and valid rating certificate to:
Penobscot Bay Rendezvous